A part-time drag queen AND a full-time content queen! 👑
About Minka Guides
- City guides available on Google Maps for use on-the-go.
- Insider knowledge contributed by my friends from each city featured in Fabulous Locals.
- Highlights of alternative culture, including polyamory and non-monogamy.
- Recommendations for queer travellers.
- Notable gluten-free and vegan/vegetarian restaurants recommendations.
- Accommodation reviews and recommendations that are suitable for budget to mid-range travellers.
- Recommendations and reviews for clubs and festivals.
- Active social media presence on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and BlogLovin.
Here are all the ways you can work with me!
Download my current media kit for all my follower stats and audience demographics.
I'm a busy drag queen who wears a lot of fabulous hats! Here are a few things I do for both money and fun.
- Travel Blogger: I have been an active blogger since 2015, working on Minka Guides in my spare time. I am experienced at using SEO best practices to drive traffic and build an audience.
- Writer: I have worked with digital and print publications and blogs including APL Media (National Geographic Traveller UK), LeCool London, Round The World Experts and Gapyear.com writing travel and lifestyle content.
- Content Creator: I have worked for brands such as Generator Hostels and Hostelworld creating videos, Instagram Stories and memes for their social channels.
- Commissioning Editor: I have extensive experience commissioning and editing travel content for Hostelworld, producing over 60 blogs and multiple 10,000-word Backpacking Guides.
- Social Media Manager: I built my social media following for Minka Guides across multiple channels, in addition to managing Pinterest, Instagram and the Australian Facebook page for Hostelworld.
- Influencer Strategist: I worked extensively with bloggers and influencers from the Australian and New Zealand markets for Hostelworld. I established a database of over 100 content creators who I used for destination campaigns, videos, social content and blogs.
- Drag Queen: I started performing with East London drag collective, Sink The Pink in 2013 and have performed solo shows at The Glory, Vogue Fabrics Dalston and Pluma at Barcelona Pride, among others.
Press and interviews
Click on the links below to read press about / interviews with me.
- The Dorothy Project podcast (July 2019)
- Career coach: travel blogger - Means Happy (December 2018)
- Pictures by a Polish photographer show how drag queens live - Vice (August 2018)
- Belles of the ball: meet London's female drag queens - iD magazine (October 2016)
Let's work together
I'm always looking for new opportunities to collaborate with other travel and media brands. Here are some options.
- Editorial: In addition to the content featured on Minka Guides' blog, I have written articles for a number of great travel websites. See some recent examples by clicking on the links featured here.
- Press and blogger trips: If you have an upcoming trip that you feel would suit my audience, I'd be happy to feature content related to it on my website. I am particularly interested in press trips in the UK/Europe during late 2020 and Australia/South East Asia during early 2021, as these align with my own content strategy.
- Sponsored reviews: Do you have a hotel, tour company or festival you would like featured on Minka Guides? I'm happy to collaborate if I feel they are suitable for my audience.
- Affiliates: I have affiliate ads featured on most pages that are relevant to the content.
- Competition sponsorship: I have previously run competitions for festivals, clothing brands and club nights, such as Sink The Pink tickets competition.
Have a new idea? Drop me an email with more information!
Press & Partners mailing list
If you work in the travel industry and are interested in occasional news/PR updates from Minka Guides, you can sign up here for my press releases. Don't worry, you won’t be bombarded with updates!